Open Call For Artists
Are You Interested In Using Your Artistic Gifts And Leadership Qualities To Help Foster The Next Generation of Creative Changemakers?
Groundswell is looking to expand our artist roster for upcoming programing. Open roles include Teaching Artist, Lead Artist, Fabrication Artist, Workshop Facilitator, Mural Operations Support, and Artist in Training (AIT).
Each Groundswell project follows a beautiful, transformative process, guided by the vision of our youth, artists, and community partners. To ensure that every Groundswell project is a successful collaboration, we look for artists who are:
- Masters of a visual arts discipline.
- Mural Arts
- Graphic Design
- Experienced with Arts Education.
- Do you understand the importance of youth development?
- Do you have a background in teaching, facilitating, or youth development?
- Do you have flexibility for change throughout the process?
- Aligned with our mission.
- Are you a strong advocate for equity and committed to social justice pedagogy?
- Are you willing to address and combat racism on internalized, interpersonal, institutional, and systemic levels?
- Are you willing to collaborate on art that is explicitly social justice centered?
- Authentically invested in their community.
- Do you demonstrate love for your community?
- Can you identify what impact collaboratively created art will have in your community?